This page has been reorganized a bit. The collection of beginning level texts is the same, but I removed the individual links from this page because they are still present on the index pages by book.
- All posts based on the Duke Stories pdf (11 beginning level texts with good vocabulary footnotes)
- All posts based on the University of Michigan Intermediate Tamil book (The title says "Intermediate" but these are still very accessible to a beginning learner)
- Tamil Nadu Textbook Environmental Studies, Standard 1, Lesson 3 Uses simple sentences
- The Tamil Language Online, Reading 1 Uses simple sentences
- The Tamil Language Online, Reading 2 Uses simple sentences
- "Good Old Fish" from Ambulimama magazine. Short children's article.
- Tamil Nadu Textbook: Tamil Reader Standard 4, Reading 1 "Jackal in the Abode of the Gods"
- Tamil Language Newspaper posts index (5 readings so far)
- Chandamama Magazine's The Golden Throne
- Post on Siruvar Malar children's insert to Dina Malar newspaper